The Victorian Government Solar Battery Rebate Scheme has been extended to include more than 250 postcodes across Victoria. The scheme allows eligible homeowners to secure a discount of up to $4,838 off the price of a solar battery.
The solar battery rebate was originally offered to just 24 postcodes around Victoria, however, it has now expanded to include an additional 150 postcodes. The increase in availability of solar battery rebates allows homeowners to save on costs when purchasing a solar battery. This means solar energy is becoming more affordable and accessible than ever!
150 additional postcodes have been included within the expansion of the Solar Battery Rebate Scheme. Check below to see if your postcode is eligible:
Eligibility criteria for the Solar Battery Rebate
Victorians can receive the solar battery rebate if they meet the following criteria:
- The property is within a designated postcode and already has solar PV panels with a capacity equal to or greater than 5kW
- Pre-approval is obtained from your Distributed Network Service Provider (DNSP) to safety connect a battery to the grid
- The energy storage solution is listed on Solar Victoria’s Approved Battery List and the property does not have an existing energy storage system
- They are the owner-occupier of the property where the system is to be installed
- The combined household taxable income of all owners is less than $180,000 a year (based on your Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
- It is an existing property, valued at under $3 million based on the current council rates notice
- The property address has not previously taken part in the Solar Homes Program
- The owner/s agrees to receive information from their Distribution Network Service Provider about taking part in battery trials to maximise the value households get from them
- Owner/s agree to receive a free safety inspection and/or audit under the Solar Victoria Audit Program, if selected
With the expansion of postcodes and the opportunity to receive a discount of up to $4,838 on a solar battery, there’s no better time than now to install solar! Due to the possibility of eligible postcodes being reduced in the future, now’s the time to take advantage of the Victorian Solar Battery Rebate.
To discuss if a solar battery is right for you and check your eligibility for the Solar Battery Rebate, call now on 1300 28 29 30.